Earlier, we have waited long for the other POCO device but finally, the Poco F1 got success in the market after its launch. POCO shook the world by introducing the POCO F1 back in 2018. Since then, the people have been waiting for its another successor device in the market. And finally, POCO has launched the new POCO F2 Pro (the flagship device from Poco) this year. However, it isn’t a brand new device that we expected to be. But, it is a rebrand of Redmi K30 Pro that was launched a few months ago in China. Let’s move towards the overview, features, design/build quality, specifications, and Price of the Phone.
Poco F2 Pro Overview
The Xiaomi had spun-off POCO as an independent brand in India a few months ago. However, POCO has recently launched its rebranded phone in India namely POCO F2 Pro. The device comes under the flagship level category as it comes with premium features. Overall, the look/design of the phone looks cool and amazing. Also, the build quality of the phone is strong and durable.
Design and Display
The phone has a 6.67-inches AMOLED screen. As we can see, the F2 Pro doesn’t feature any notch. For the full display experience, POCO has shifted the front camera on the top. The camera is based on motorized Pop-up mechanism. As mentioned above, the phone has an AMOLED panel; therefore the phone has an under-display fingerprint sensor. Moreover, the screen of the phone supports HDR+ content. And, also it has a refresh rate of 60Hz which is quite disappointing as it is a flagship category smartphone. Because of the 60Hz refresh rate, the display can’t perform a smooth function.
Performance and Memory
Coming towards the performance, the POCO F2 Pro is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor. However, the SoC is bundled with an X55 modem for 5G connectivity. Moreover, the device is available in two different memory configurations- 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB. And the most important, the device has LiquidCool 2.0 Super Large VC to keep the device cool during powerful gaming time.
The phone has a Quad-rear camera setup. Where, the Primary lens comes with a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor, a 13MP ultra-wide lens, 5MP telephoto macro-lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. The Quad-camera setup can be seen inside the circular bump at the back. And, the front-facing camera comes with a 20MP featured by a motorized Pop-up mechanism.
Battery and Other Features
The POCO F2 Pro comes with a huge 4700 mAh battery which supports 30W fast charging. The F2 Pro is available in four different colour options – Neon Blue, Electric Purple, Phantom White, and Cyber Gray.
- Launch Date: 2020, May
- Display: 6.67 inches with AMOLED Panel; 107.4cm2 (~87.2% screen-to-body ratio);FHD+(1080×2400 Pixels) resolution;Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection; HDR 10+ Support
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 based on 7nm+ mobile platform.
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB, No micro-SD card slot for memory expansion available.
- Rear Camera: 64MP Primary Sensor(f/1.9), 13MP ultra-wide camera(f/2.4), 5MP telephoto macro lens(f/2.2), and 2MP depth sensor(f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 20MP motorized Pop-up selfie camera with HDR support
- Security: Under-display fingerprint sensor (optical)
- Battery: 4700 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, 30W fast charging support.
- Network: GSM/HSPA/LTE/5G
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm (6.43 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 219 g
- SIM: Dual Sim-Card slot, (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: 2.0, Type-c 1.0 reversible connector.
- Colours Available: Neon Blue, Electric Purple, Phantom White, and Cyber Gray.
Price and Availability
|POCO F2 Pro Variant||Price|