Recently, Oneplus has launched the two devices of the 8 series i.e, Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro. Likewise, both the phone looks similar to each other. But specification wise, there is a little difference. The Oneplus price in the US$ is 699 and is already available in the USA. However, it is still to be launch in India.
Oneplus 8 Overview
The brand; Oneplus was introduced and launched in the year 2013. Therefore, it has come a long way. It has firstly launched the Oneplus One with the tagline of ‘flagship killer smartphone’. However, it really worth it- Flagship-level specs at a lower cost. After the successful of Oneplus one device, the company has continued to rise.
However, it has been able to hold its identity and continues to be a brand that many People prefers. Now, customer base will grow further more after the launch of its Oneplus 8 Series.
Display and Camera
The standard Oneplus 8 is labelled and tagged as a ‘Compact flagship killer’ device. Let’s move towards the display. The Oneplus 8 comes with a small 6.55-inches Fluid AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution ( having 2400×1080 Pixels). Furthermore, it is the first device from Oneplus to feature a Punch-hole cutout to house a front-facing camera.
Moving on to the Rear Camera Setup, the device consists of the triple-camera array. The first one is a Primary lens of 48MP Sony IMX586. Also, the second one is a 16MP ultra-wide lens with 116-degree FOV. And, the third one is a 2MP dedicated macro lens.
As mentioned above, the device has a Punch-hole cutout featuring a front-facing camera of 16MP Sony IMX471 shooter.
Performance and Battery
For Processing activities, the Oneplus 8 uses Snapdragon 865 SoC. Here, the RAM is of two variants i.e, 8GB and 12GB (LPDDR4X). As we can see, the device has a powerful chipset and higher RAM, the device speed and performance will be super fast.
Power-wise, the device has a huge 4300 mAh non-removable LI-Po battery that supports Warp charge of 30T. But, it does not support wireless charging, nor does it have an IP68 rating. Colour options of this phone include Glacial Green, Onyx Black, and Interstellar Glow. However, the Interstellar Glow reminds me of the Aura Glow option of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+.
- Launch Date: 2020, April
- Display: 6.55 inches with Fluid AMOLED Panel; 103.6cm2 (~88.7% screen-to-body ratio);FHD+(1080×2400 Pixels) resolution;90 Hz refresh rate;HDR 10+ support;Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 based on 7nm+ mobile platform.
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Operating System: Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0
- RAM: 8GB/12GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB, No micro-SD card slot available for memory expansion.
- Rear Camera: 48MP Sony IMX586 Primary lens (f/1.8) OIS and EIS, 16MP ultra-wide angle lens(f/2.2), and a 2MP macro lens(f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 (f/2.0) with EIS and fixed focus
- Security: Under-display fingerprint sensor (optical)
- Battery: 4300 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, 30W fast charging support.
- Network: GSM/CDMA/HSPA/LTE/5G
- Dimensions: 160.2 x 72.9 x 8 mm (6.31 x 2.87 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 180 g
- SIM: Dual Sim-Card slot, (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: 3.1, Type-c 1.0 reversible connector (USB On-The-Go)
- Colours Available: Glacial Green, Onyx Black, Polar Silver, and Interstellar Glow
Oneplus 8 Price in India
|Variant||Price in India|
|Oneplus 8 (8GB/128GB)|
|Oneplus 8 (12GB/256GB)|