After a long waiting, Huawei has finally launched its another smartphone namely Huawei Y8p. However, the production of smartphones is very low these days due to COVID-19. Then also, manufacturers are launching new smartphones in some particular reasons. And here is the one- Huawei Y8p as an example. Let’s move towards the overview, features, specifications and price of the phone.
Overview of the Phone
Design and Display
Here, the Huawei Y8p comes with 6.3-inches OLED display. Like the other mid-range device, the Huawei Y8p also comes with a notched display featuring a selfie camera. However, the bezels around the screen are very less. Therefore, it has helped the device to achieve the 90.17% screen-to-body ratio. Moreover, the screen has a 2400 x 1080 pixels with over 16.7 million colours.
Due to the OLED panel in this device, it gives the amazing and smooth display interaction to the users. Moreover, the device has an under-display optical fingerprint sensor as the device comes with an OLED panel.
Also Read: POCO F2 Pro specifications.
Performance and Memory
Apart from the other brands, the Huawei is still sticking with its Kirin 710F having Mali G51 GPU. The combination comes with the Honor 9X international edition. However, the performance is good but not enough better as compared to the rest of the other devices falling under the same price range.
For memory, the phone has either 4GB or 6GB of RAM variant. However, for internal storage, the device has only a 128GB option. But it can be expanded up to 256GB using Huawei’s own NM SD card.
The Huawei Y8p comes with a Triple-camera setup having a Pill-shaped camera module. The primary camera comes with a 48MP SuperSpectrum sensor with an f/1.8 aperture. The SuperSpectrum helps to capture detailed photo even in low-light condition. Also, you get an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture. And, a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
For selfie, there is a 16MP sensor under the dew-drop notch at the top of the screen.
Battery and Others
The device comes with A 4000 mAh battery with 10W (5V/2A) fast charging support. The Huawei Y8p runs on the Android 10 with Huawei’s EMUI 10.1 inside it. The device doesn’t have Play Store and Google Palay Services. Instead, the device has Huawei AppGallery and Huawei Mobile Services.
However, the smartphones support dual-band Wi-Fi; 2.4 GHz/5GHz. Also, the phone supports Bluetooth 5.0. It has a USB Type-C port for charging and a 3.5mm headphone jack. And, for security, there is an optical under-display fingerprint sensor.
- Launch Date: 2020, May
- Display: 6.3 inches with OLED capacitive touchscreen ; 95.8cm2 (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio);FHD+(1080×2400 Pixels) resolution; 16 Million Colours.
- Chipset: Kirin 710F based on 12 nm platform.
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex A73 and 4×1.7 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Operating System: Android 10 with EMUI 1.01 (no Google Play Services)
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 128GB (expanded up to 256GB using Huawei’s own NM SD card)
- Rear Camera: 48MP Primary Sensor(f/1.8), 8MP ultra-wide camera(f/2.4), and 2MP depth sensor(f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 16MP with f/2.0 aperture.
- Security: Under-display fingerprint sensor (optical)
- Battery: 4000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, 10W charging support.
- Network: GSM/HSPA/LTE
- Dimensions: 157.4 x 73.2 x 7.8 mm (6.20 x 2.88 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 163 g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Sim-Card slot, (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: 2.0, Type-c 1.0 reversible connector.
- Colours Available: Mid-night Black and Breathing Crystal