As we can see, Honor’s smartphones are always attractive with fashionable design and some powerful performance. And, here the newest Honor X10 is the proof that it got an attractive design and powerful performance too. Apart from these all, Honor has introduced its first 5G smartphone in the ‘X-series’ namely Honor X10 5G. Without wasting time, Let’s dive towards overview, specification, features, price and availability of the phone.
Honor X10 Overview
Design and Display
As we can see, the device comes with a motorized pop-up selfie camera. Therefore, it comes with a notch-less/full-view display which gives a more pleasant viewing experience. Apart from that, I don’t know why Oneplus has shifted to a punch-hole cutout in its latest Oneplus 8. However, the triple-camera setup is placed inside the rectangular house on the top left corner of the phone. Also, the back of the Honor X10 comes with a subtle stripey design which enhances the phone look and looks quite classy. But, this subtle stripey design is absent in the “Probing Black” colour variant. While, “Racing Blue”, “Burning Power Orange”, and “Lightspeed Silver” features a similar design.
Getting towards the display, the phone has a notch-less display as I mentioned above. Therefore, Honor X10 is going to provide an amazing experience to its users. However, the device comes with a 6.63-inches FHD+ IPS LCD panel. Therefore, it’s colour reproduction and contrast ratio won’t be as good as the AMOLED panel. Here, the IPS LCD display is quite not satisfiable at this price range. Let’s know more about the display, it has a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate.
Performance and Memory
The Chipset of the Honor X10 is a highlight for the better and smooth gaming experience. Here, the device comes with a new Kirin 820 5G chipset. For handling Graphics, there is hexa-core Mali-G57 which is powered by Kirin Gaming+ 2.0.
The chipset of this device boosts the gaming performance by 38% and energy efficiency by 39% as compared to the past generation (using AI frequency modulation). The chipset of this device is integrated with same Balong 5000 5G modem which we can see in Kirin 990 and 990 5G (previous one).
Diving towards the memory, the device comes with 6GB or 8GB of RAM variant. Also, the device comes with 128GB of internal storage. However, the internal storage is expandable up to 256GB using Huawei’s proprietary NM (Nano Memory) card.
Moving towards the rear-camera, it got a triple-camera setup. The Primary lens is of 40MP RYYB sensor which provides a detailed image in low-light condition. The Honor calls it “Super Night Vision” and also it is the prime feature of the phone. The other one is an 8MP ultra-wide lens with 1200 Field-Of-View (FOV) and a 2MP macro lens.
Apart from that, Honor X10 features a 16MP motorized Pop-up mechanism selfie camera. The front-facing camera also provides a detailed image in spite of the 16MP sensor.
Battery and Others
Here, the device comes with a 4,300 mAh battery. Also, it supports 22.5W Super FlashCharge fast charging and reverse charging as well. Moreover, Honor X10 still retains a 3.5mm headphone jack. Also, the phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for security purpose.
- Launch Date: 2020, May 26
- Display: 6.63 IPS LCD panel ; 106.1cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio);FHD+(1080×2400 Pixels) resolution; 16 Million Colours; 90 Hz refresh rate; Aluminosilicate glass protection
- Chipset: Kirin 820 5G based on 7 nm platform.
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.36 GHz Cortex A76 and 3×2.22 GHz Cortex A76 and 4×1.84 GHz Cortex A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 (6 CORE)
- Operating System: Android 10 with Magic UI 3.1 (no Google Play Services)
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB (expanded up to 256GB using Huawei’s own NM SD card)
- Rear Camera: 40MP Primary Sensor(f/1.8), 8MP ultra-wide camera(f/2.4), and 2MP depth sensor(f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 16MP motorized Pop-up mechanism with f/2.2 aperture.
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor (optical)
- Battery: 4300 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, 22.5W fast charging support.
- Network: GSM/HSPA/LTE/CDMA/EVDO/5G
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 203 g
- SIM: Dual Sim-Card slot, (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: 2.0, Type-c 1.0 reversible connector.
- Colours Available: Blue, Black, Orange, and Silver